Search and Recovery Diver
Schedule this course with the
PADI Search and Recovery Diver Course
Starting at $399.00
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Swimming search patters using your compass and natural navigation
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Required scuba gear
- Travel or boat tickets are additional
This course requires four open water dives and a small amount of reading in advance. If you have a logged and signed off a Search and Recovery dive by an instructor, this specialty can be only three dive.
NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PLANS:
Click Here for information about our cancellation and return policies.